PSci 21 Elementary Astronomy - 2014 Fall
E-mail: ringwald[at]csufresno.edu and
replace [at] with @
Phone: (559) 278-8426 |
Also: (559) 278-2371
Office: McLane 11 in the new J-wing, near the Women's Room.
Office hours (between August 21 and December 10):
TuTh 3:30-4:30 p.m.
If students need to see Prof. Ringwald outside
office hours, please call or e-mail first.
You don't need an appointment to come in during office hours.
This is time set aside for students, when Prof. Ringwald will be in.
You can get homework help, free tutoring, or review sessions before exams,
personalized just for you.
Please feel free to contact me, if you have any problems whatsoever in
this course: or if you're doing well, and just want to talk about the
wonders and mysteries of the Universe. It's in my interest, and I care,
that you do well!
News, updated 2014 October 21:
- Read, by Wednesday, October 22:
- Chapters 17, 18, and 19 of Astronomy for Beginners.
- There will be a partial solar eclipse on Thursday, October
23. We will be observing it at the Downing Planetarium from 1-4
- Homework 8 (the Constellation Study Sheet), on pages A23-A24 of
the (solar yellow) Class Notes, will be due in class during the
first five minutes of class on Friday, October 24.
Sorry, but no late work will be accepted.
- PSci 21 labs on Monday, October 27 and Tuesday, October 28:
Meet in the lab classrooms (McLane 258 and 264),
at the regular lab times (5:30 and 7:30 p.m.), and do:
Lab 8, The Hunt for Micrometeorites.
Bring to all PSci 21 labs:
- The (lunar blue) PSci 21 lab manual,
- A scientific calculator,
- A clear plastic ruler,
- A flashlight, preferably a red light for night vision.
- Read, by Wednesday, October 29:
- Chapters 20, 21, 22, and 23 of Astronomy for Beginners.
Go to Prof.
Ringwald's home page
Web page by Prof. Ringwald (ringwald[at]csufresno.edu and replace
[at] with @)
Department of Physics,
California State University, Fresno . Please read this disclaimer.