Math 75 Home Page and Selected Course Materials

FINAL EXAM INFORMATION (click)

Some links are in ".pdf" format. In order to view and print them, you will need a pdf viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. Most Fresno State computers have it. To get a free copy, click here. If you have trouble reading them, please let me know. Students have told me that it works better if you save the files to disk and then open them rather than having the browser open them for you.
Lecture Notes (pdf)
4.10 6.1 (1)
5.1 (1) 6.1 (2)
5.1 (2) 6.2 (1)
5.2 6.2 (2)
5.3 6.3
5.4 6.4
5.5 6.5
Worksheets (pdf)
Worksheet 1 solutions
Worksheet 2 solutions
Quizzes and Practice Quizzes (pdf)
Practice quiz 2 solutions
Quiz 2 solutions (blue)
Quiz 2 solutions (green)
Practice quiz 3 solutions
Quiz 3 solutions (blue)
Quiz 3 solutions (green)
Midterms and Practice Midterms
Midterm I solutions
Practice Midterm II answers (pdf)
Midterm II solutions
Practice Midterm III solutions (pdf)
Midterm III solutions
Math 75 is a Blackboard course. Click here to go to the Blackboard home page.

News and Notes

• 2/18: Due to the number of department meetings scheduled for Wednesdays at 2pm, my office hours on Wednesdays from now on will be 12:30 to 1:50pm.
  • 3/17: For this Friday's exam you will need to bring a blank Scan-Tron (Form 882) and a #2 pencil. Please see the Practice Midterm for more information about the exam.
  • 4/3: I have a limited number of lecture notes for the sections to be covered for the remainder of the course. You can download them above. I will add notes as I revise them. I suggest downloading and printing them before the lecture is to be given. That way you can bring them to class and follow along.
  • 4/16: Problem #50 on Section 6.1 has been cut from the homework. You do not have to do that problem.
  • 4/20: Please note that you will be required to present a photo ID at or before the final exam. Acceptable photo ID includes your Fresno State ID card, a driver's license or California State ID card, a passport, or other official document containing your name and photo. Your final exam will not be graded until your identity is verified in this manner. I appreciate your cooperation.
  • 4/21: There was a typo in the lecture notes for section 6.2 (2). If you printed out the lecture notes before today, please note that the formula for the cross-sectional area of a solid of rotation is , not ! The notes are now corrected.
  • 4/24: There is a typo in the homework list for section 6.3! The correct problems list is #4, 10, 14, 16, 18, 22, 26, 28, 36, 40, 42*, 44* (* = bonus).
  • 4/28: Important information about the FINAL EXAM:
    1. 5/13: The final exam will be Friday, May 16 from 8:45 - 10:45 am in McLane 162. THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE ORIGINAL LOCATION! The room can be difficult to find. It is on the west side of the building, down the hall from McL 161. You are urged to find the room before the day of the final, so you know where to go on the day! There is absolutely no way you may take the final exam at any other time unless you have previously contacted me about a conflict. I am sorry, but there can be no exceptions.
    2. You will have 2 hours to complete your test. Exams must be surrendered when time is called.
    3. Calculators: No notes of any kind will be allowed, nor any calculators.
    4. There will be 25 questions, all multiple choice with 5 answer choices for each question. There are no bonus questions. You will need a blank Scan-Tron form (Form 882) and a #2 pencil to complete your test.
    5. If you have not shown me your photo ID before the day of the final, you will need to bring that, too. Your final exam will not be graded if you fail to present your photo ID.
    6. You will be provided with scratch paper, if you need it. You will also be allowed to write on the exam. You will not be allowed to use your own paper. Your work on the exam and/or scratch paper will not count for credit.
    7. Practice exams: There are several practice exams available on the Mathematics Department web site. Click here to go to the practice exams.
  • 5/8: I will hold consultation hours tomorrow, Friday, May 9, in S 139 (our regular classroom) from 8-8:50am, 10-10:50am, and 11-11:50am.
  • 5/8: I will also hold office hours next Thursday, May 15 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.
  • 5/8: A lot of you may know Mo, from the calculus tutoring lab. Although the lab officially closes for the semester this week, Mo has graciously volunteered to run the lab next week, for free, for Math 75 students! He will be in EE 167 on Wednesday, May 14 from 2 to 5 and on Thursday, May 15 from 10 to 1. Be sure to thank him for his generosity!
  • 5/13: There has been a room change for the final exam! Please see the final exam information above.

Home Page
Contact me
Last updated 5/13/2003